With Hangouts On Air, you can host and broadcast live discussions and performances to the world through your YouTube channel or Google+ Home page. You can also edit and share a copy of the broadcast.
As a participant, you can join Hangouts On Air from your computer.
To broadcast Hangouts On Air, you need the following:
- YouTube channel: If you don't already have one, create a YouTube channel. Make sure you verify your YouTube channel through SMS.
- Google+ profile or page: Make sure your Google+ profile or page is connected to your YouTube channel. Newly created YouTube channels are automatically connected to Google+. If you have an existing channel that is not connected to Google+, you can connect it to a Google+ profile or a Google+ page. Also, if you used your Google+ page to broadcast to a channel connected to a Google+ profile administrator in the past, you need to link the page to its own YouTube channel.
As a host of a Hangout On Air, you can choose when to start your broadcast and who can join it.
To embed a Google Hangout live event to your site:
- Click on the Links button on your event homepage and copy the Video Embed Code
- Edit the page on your website that you want to embed the event on
- In the WYSIWYG click on the Add Media button
- Select the Embed from the Web tab, paste the code into the box, and click Submit
- Save the page. Tip: You may want to add a few sentences explaining the purpose of the broadcast and any other relevant information.
- View Result
If you're invited to participate in a Hangout On Air, you can join the broadcast in a few different ways:
- On mobile: From the Hangout On Air video call notification, click the video icon , or click the phone icon to answer with just a voice call.
- On desktop: From the Hangout On Air video call notification, click Join video call.
Note: If the person inviting you to the Hangout On Air isn’t in your Google+ circles, the video call notification will be in your list of Hangouts invites. From your Hangouts window, click the menu , and then click Invites.
Visit Google's support site for more information on Hangouts on Air.