Apps add new functionality to your site. Enabling an App might give you a new type of content, a new site section, new widgets and more. Some Apps are enabled by default on every OpenScholar site. You can enable and configure Apps in the Administrative Toolbar by going to Settings > Enable Apps
You can enable or disable and App by selecting from the app's corresponding drop-down menu. This section will display a list of all available Apps. Each app may be either "disabled" or enabled as "public" or "private".
- Selecting "Public" will enable the App and make all of the app's content available to anyone who visits the site.
- Selecting "Private" will enable the App, however the app's content will only be accessible to the users that you have chosen. For example, you may have blog that is intended for a select or trusted audience.
- Selecting "Disabled" will disable or "turn off" the App. If you disable an App that was previously enabled, the App's primary menu link, content, and widget will become hidden from all viewers, however nothing will be deleted. So if you decide to re-enable the App later, all of your content will re-appear.
Some Apps may be enabled by default when you first get your site. Remember to always click the "Save Configurations" button after making any changes to the App's settings.
Certain Apps come with some customization called "App Settings". App Settings are only available if the App is "Public" or "Private" (see above).
To find App Settings for your Apps:
1. Go to your Control Panel
2. Select the Settings option
3. Select App Settings
4. View/ Select individual Apps from the list to view setting options
- Basic Pages
- Media Gallery
- Private Files