What is a subsite?
A subsite acts as related site to the main site.
- You can set your site search to pull in search results from subsites. Learn how!
- The List of Posts widget can pull in content from the subsite to the main site
- Your subsites can adopt the same theme so the look and feel is consistent. Make this automatic in Site Settings
- When using a featured theme, the global navigation provides a link back to the main site
- Harvard Web Publishing site is a subsite to the main Harvard University Information Technology site
- ABCD-OpenScholar site is a subsite to the Harvard Web Publishing site
- Office of the Controller site, Office of Treasury Management, Financial Systems Solutions & Office of Financial Strategy & Planning are all subsites of the Financial Administration site
- Log into your main site
Navigate to the User Account Icon at the top-right of the webpage, click on My Sites, and select the "Add Subsite" link of any site you want to create a subsite to. NOTE: You must be an Administrator or Site Owner of the main site to do this.
Fill out the "Create Your Website" form
- Click on Create Your Site