Creating custom themes or altering existing themes requires moderate to advanced CSS skills, and experience with manipulating/overriding underlying Drupal themes. Harvard Web Publishing (HWP) is the primary source for creating custom themes for the OpenScholar platform. Please browse the HWP Portfolio, or contact us to learn more.
Third-party designs can be utilized as well, but please note:
- Any site that uses a custom theme should expect there will be a need for remediation work at some point in time; no theme is 100% future proof
- The site owner is completely responsible for the custom theme implementation, support, and maintenance.
- Harvard Web Publishing is not responsible for any loss of functionality for sites with third-party designed custom themes.
- Harvard Web Publishing does not support custom themes created by others.
Harvard Web Publishing is unable to answer theming/CSS implementation questions such as:
- How do I change the background color of the menu bar?
- How can I apply a different default font to my custom theme?
- How do I apply a background image to the header area?
Site owners who understand these risks, but still wish to build a custom theme can download Theme StartKit from GitHub .